Analytical processes play an essential role in all areas of the economy. Advances in research, medicine, biotechnology and environmental safety are inseparably tied to the progress in chemical analysis. This is particularly true for the area of technology and for industrial production.
Mass spectrometry is one of the most important analytical methods and offers advantageous features.
Its success is based on:
- Very fast analysis < 10 sec.
- High precision and accuracy
- Simultaneous measurement of multi-component mixtures
- Concentration from ppm to %, wide linear dynamic range
- Cost effective due to high sample throughput
Physical measurements such as temperature, pressure, flow and filling level can be combined with additional mass spectrometry data to receive concentration and structural information of a new product.